Help editing an ISO

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dex22, Dec 23, 2004.

1. dex22 macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2003
    Round Rock, TX
    I am trying to create a custom ISO for installing linux on dedicated servers, based on a standard ISO. For this, I need to edit a file which contains parameters for partitioning the HD, as I have replaced the supplied HD with a larger one on many machines, and want to modify partition creation, so I do not have to install fdisk and modify the /home partition later.

I have the ISO and can mount it, and edit the necessary file, but I cannot save it back into the ISO.

How should I do this? I've googled widely and found nothing.

OSX 10.3, Toast 5, trying to alter Cobalt Raq 4i ISO.

Thanks in advance. Really!
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Have you thought about creating a new ISO, and saving the new information too it. Use Disk Utility to make the new ISO, drag and drop the new information.
  3. dex22 thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2003
    Round Rock, TX
    Disk Utility can only make Mac-readable ISOs as far as I can see.

There's something of a principle that I do not want to use a PC to resolve this issue - my co-workers consider this a defeat for Macs if I can't do it. :mad:

The ISO needs to boot on a PC - it's a bootable linux CD that makes the PC into a server that the Raqs can netboot off to auto-update.

Any other suggestions? Or do I have to edit/create the ISO on a PC?
  4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    I think Roxio Toast could do this, but you would have to buy it.
  5. jaseone macrumors 65816

Nov 7, 2004
    Houston, USA
    Look for an app named DiscBlaze on VersionTracker or Apple's download site, it is shareware but will let you burn a limited number of iso images without purchasing it.
  6. pm9448 macrumors newbie

Mar 21, 2009
    Creating a custom bootable Linux ISO on Mac OS X

Guys, I am in the same boat. Mac OS X has got be able to do this from the command line. Has anyone figured it out? I am trying to create a customized CentOS ISO and want to burn to DVD also want to use the ISO for Fusion. Where are all the experts?