Help: Ethernet all in one required...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PilotWoo, Dec 13, 2006.

1. PilotWoo macrumors regular

Jul 14, 2006
    Can anyone help...I am looking for an all in one Printer/Scanner type thing. Not fussy on vendor, but I must be able to print over IP to it from Macs and PC's. I've had loads of problems setting up a Canon IP1500 behind a Netgear PS121 print server on my mac mini, so I want a combined until that has built in Ethernet, that just works on a mac!

Does such a thing exist? Any help appreciated.

2. Dubba macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2006
    Nairobi, Kenya
    I have an HP Photosmart 3310 here in the UK, and it works in both wired and wireless modes.
  3. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    can you scan over ethernet?

i wasn't aware of any network scanner...
  4. Dubba macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2006
    Nairobi, Kenya
    It works, sometimes haphazardly, but it does...
  5. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    I like the Brother ones. They're a little more expensive to purchase, but the cartridges are only about £8-15 each and each colour has its own cartridge, so you get less wasted ink. Take these things together and the running costs are much lower.

You don't say where you are in the world, but if you are in the UK, here's some vendors for the model I'm thinking of. Note that it also has built in wireless networking.

And here's the spec from the manufacturer's site, so you know what it can do.
  6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    There's the HP 6310. I use it where there are no Macs but it is purported to be Mac compatible. I could test it with the MBP the next time I'm down there if I remember to lug the Mac with me.

Scanner head is doing strange things on mine though, just never bothered to get it fixed as almost all I use it for when I'm there is printing. Dunno what that spells for it's quality.
  7. 4JNA macrumors 68000

Feb 8, 2006
    looking for trash files
    hp 3210 here, works really well.

print over ethernet, scan over ethernet to pc & mac, and read from the memory card slots over ethernet to pc & mac.

really fast, great pictures, so far has been the cheapest inkjet to operate that i have owned. good stuff.