Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
I am trying to print a workbook from Excel as a PDF. (Multiple tabs/sheets, with each tab having multiple pages.)

I go to the print dialog, select print entire workbook (so all of the sheets prints) then select the save as pdf... format.

It appears to work with dialogs printing numerous pages, but when I open the PDF just the last tab (sheet) is there.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I am under enormous time pressure, and once again Microsoft has screwed me.

But hopefully the Mac community can come to the rescue.

Thanks in advance. --BW

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think I see what's happening. Try the preview button in the print dialog. You should get one pdf file per tab -- that is, if you have three tabs, three separate pdf files will get opened in Preview. I think in save as PDF mode, it is overwriting the first (x) tabs with the last one. But clicking on preview and then saving them from preview seems to work.

I'm not sure of a way to get a single PDF file with all the tabs in it. Come to think of it, IIRC, even on PCs, multiple tabs get printed as separate documents. I seem to remember trying to print a multiple tab document using duplex mode, and because of this, everything would come out on single pages, since the printer saw a new document after the end of each tab....

So I can get you as far as separate PDFs for each tab.... Sorry. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.