Help fight MS (no, not that M$)!

Discussion in 'Community' started by LethalWolfe, Oct 21, 2004.

1. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I've never done anything like this before so I'm sorry if this request is "rough." My sister-in-law is participating in a bike ride against Multiple Sclerosis (MS), which my mother suffers from, and I'm looking for any, and all, kind souls to sponsor her. My goal is $1000 and my plan is to do it $10 at a time. I'm aiming for "quantity over quality" in regrads to donations. If you are in a position to donate more that $10 that's great. If even $10 is a bit much then please donate what you can. Even if it's only $1. Imagine if every member of MR donated just $1.

Below is the e-mail Brenda (my sister-in-law) sent out to friends & family.

To Sponsor Brenda

For more info about this event

For more info about the National MS Society

Donating on-line (via credit cad) is fast, secure and easy (registration is optional).

Thanks to all that are able to chip in a few bucks. :)

Lethal

EDIT: My sister-in-law doesn't have PayPal, but I do. If you want to PayPal me (adkimery@hotmail.com) I will make a donation via credit card in your name (I can forward you a copy of the donation confirmation e-mail I recieve from the National MS society).

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The form doesn't look like it'll accept anything from outside the US, you have to select a US state :confused:

3. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Rats. :( I didn't even look into that.

I guess we'll have to be content collecting thoughts and prayers from those outside the US. :)

Lethal

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I made a contribution, hope that it will help. Good luck to Brenda. ;)

5. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Thank you very much, wdlove. Every donation helps. :)

Lethal

6. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'm got some bad news guys. A PC forum that I started a donation thread in as well is currently well ahead of MR in terms of # of members donating (at least in donations I've been made aware of). Now, I know ya'll don't want to be outshined by a bunch of PC users. :p So why not crack open that wallet for a lil' bit of charity and a lot of Mac pride. :D

Lethal

7. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Now accepting PayPal (see "Edit" in original post).

Lethal

8. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Okay, I'm gonna attribute the low turn out in this thread to some of the server problems that have been going on (no offense Arn ;)). My MS thread over on the dark side (the PC forum) has started to take off (both in terms of donations and simple well wishers posting), but it's not too late for MR to recover from a slow start.

I'm looking for a total 30 members (that's 30 people out of around 40,000) to donate $10. wdlove and edesignuk chipped in (thank you very much gentlemen) which means I'm lookin' for 28 other awesome MR members to make a small, individual donation that, when combined with all of the other small, individual donations becomes one huge donation that, at the very least, will improve the quality of life of someone that truly needs our help, and at the very best, cure a horrible disease.

Lethal

9. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Update time: I'm about 1/3rd of a way to my goal (over $300 has been donated so far). Time is running out to be a good samaritan. :D I know the new iPods just came out (talk about crappy timing ;)), but if you are thinking about dropping 500 or 600 dollars on a new iPod, would you really miss $10?

Lethal

10. LethalWolfe thread starter macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Okay guys, now is your chance. My MS thread at the PC forum got locked (they have an "no solicitation" policy I wasn't aware of) so now is MR's chance to surge ahead! Not just that, but my three pronged donation attack has been reduced to just 2 prongs (MR and reality) so I really need MR to help pick up the slack! There is only about a week and a half left but I know we can do it guys! :)

Lethal

11. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    Macs R Us Computers Donated, and will donate more... Good luck with the goal...