HELP! Financing & money down Doable for macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iwould, Apr 2, 2007.

1. iwould macrumors newbie

Hey this is my first post and probably my last if i manage to get the answer that im looking for. I have finally found a way to get half of the cost of the macbook saved and i really need to know if it is possible to do a mixture of money down and finance. the website and the telephone were no help to me at all so i found this forum and decided to give it a shot. I live in canada and the policys on this stuff may differ but if you could PLEEASE help this little mac ignorant canadian we may peacekeep another day. I know that i could go to the store and find out on my own but it would cost 6 dollars there and back and remember im trying my hardest to save.
    this may even be the stupidest question ever asked because one of you may say "of course mac can do that you knob" i just need to be sure.
    thanks a bunch

-iwould if i could

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I would be really surprised if they can't, but I don't have direct experience, so I'm not 100% sure. That said, I'd suggest just waiting and saving the next half. Buying things things outright, especially when they're not necessities, makes a lot better financial sense than putting things on high-interest credit. Besides, when you have enough money saved up to buy one, there will likely be a newer, faster model out with cool new features, perhaps Leopard/iLife '07, etc.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe you can, if you cannot then you call their CS and they'll do it for you.
    I won't even start about how silly it is to finance a computer that you can't pay off in less than 90 days.

4. iwould thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant wait, I'm interning for a company's graphic design department and i have to have a mac for that and also for school in the fall. i havnt even applied yet and i dont have a portfolio... it is a necessity! i hope they will give it to me. *fingerscrossed* my boss just told me he is taking me tomorrow and that will be embaressing if it doesnt work.

thanks for replying to me btw much appreciated. :)

-iwould if i could

5. BestBuyBoy macrumors member

BestBuyBoy

yep.. It's called a split transcation.. Lets say the Macbook goes for 1299.. They ring ya up for the full amount, they take ya 750 lets say and that leaves a balance say of 550.. you then present them with your crdit card and that pays the balance.. . we do it all day long.. In fact, I have seen cases where the sales rep wants the commission so bad (I left Best Buy) that he will use the kids dads card, plus money, plus moms card, plus a friends card.. you could use 20 cards.. they dont care..

6. JEatDubZ macrumors newbie

what are you talking about? Best Buy hasn't been on commission since the 80s. I work there and I know.