Help find old baseball game (SNES or Genesis?)

Discussion in 'Games' started by weldon, Dec 31, 2005.

1. weldon macrumors 6502a

weldon

I was trying to find an old baseball console game that I played in 1990/91. It was either for SNES or Sega Genesis (I don't remember - it was my friend's console). The cool thing about this baseball game was that you could build a team and draft players. You could build a full season schedule and elect to play each game or let the computer decide the outcome. After each win, you could use your earnings to buy better players or develop your existing players. I think there was a distinction between a player's potential and their current ability in several stats (power hitting, percentage hitting, speed, etc.).

Does anyone have a clue what game I'm looking for? I have a faint feeling that it was called all-star baseball, but that name has been used by newer games since that time, and I just don't know any more.

Thanks to anyone that might be able to point me in the right direction.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Nothing like that was made for SNES. There was Baseball Stars by SNK on NES. But I do know that Genesis had several good customizable baseball games. Best bet to look at the games on Genesis.

3. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Ahh yes, Baseball Stars......what an awesome game that was.

4. weldon thread starter macrumors 6502a

weldon

Baseball Stars was the one. Thanks, GimmeSlack12!