Help Find Song Titles With Lyrics

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by virividox, Jun 16, 2004.

1. macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    Hey guys i need help getting song titles and and artists, i have the full song already on my hd, but i cant find out who the artists are. i have written down some of the lyrics that may be memorable; i tried googling them but these 2 haven't come up (or if it has, it wasn't the right one)

most of these songs are chillout/house but i am sure remixed so any help would be great

1. ...always the boy with the yellow rose i just could not forget...i can breathe in this serenity, i will chase down both our armies...

...always the boy with the yellow rose peacock feather and baby's breath

then the chorus goes something like : no more, lets go...im a T here

2. Oh yeahhhhhhh...its my mother lipstick print ont eh side of my face, its my fathers goodnight before i had my first taste...its like love, baby are you in the mood....its that explosive thing that gets you

kiss kiss kiss kiss, do you know how to kiss kiss kiss kiss, something like this this this this, let me show you how to kiss kiss kiss...

later in the song theres faded vocals in the back ground of a guy saying 'kissing you felt so good, kissing you felt so good"

2. TMA
    macrumors 6502a

TMA

Don't recognise the lyrics but have you tried using one of those music recognition services? Phone the number, play the music and then a minute or two later you should get a text message telling you who it is.

http://www.shazam.com

Costs money I know :/

Edit: That's if you're in the UK (Nottingham = England?) I'm sure there are similar services for the US though.

3. thread starter macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    cool thanks

i guess if by the tieme i get back i dont know the lyrics ill try that out

4. macrumors newbie

Hed Kandi

Hey the song that you are after is called "Safe [Claude Bareau Mix] - Bonnie Bailey". You can find the song on a Various Artists CD called 'Hed Kandi Beach House 04.03'. Brilliant CD. Oh and by the way if you know where I can get the lyrics for this song, I would be really greatful.
    Keep groovin,
    haks

5. macrumors newbie

help finding a song title and artist from partial lyrics

I was hoping someone here might be able to give me the title and artist of the lyrics I'll write here. I can't remember who sang the song or the title and it's really bugging me.

The lyrics I know are (not necessarily in order) "If I could fly I'd lift you up, I'd take you into the night....And show you a love, like you've never seen....Wherever you go, I'll be with you. You were the first you'll be the last."

I'm pretty sure it's from the late '80's early '90's and it's a guy singing. I thought at first it might be Foreigner or Journey or a band like that, but I don't know. Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

6. macrumors newbie

looking 4 this song

I don't know the title of the song or who sings it (but it's a guy) and I only know the first line so here it is :

shaking like a dog ****ting razor blades

:confused: I think what comes after is :

waiking up next to nothing after dreamin' ...

if any one knows the song please tell me cuz it's a good song.

Thanx

7. macrumors newbie

Into the night

blue

The song is "Into the night" by Benny Mardones

8. macrumors newbie

pls help me.....

Need help with song title and artist, from the lyric:

"baby i give you flowers, for a couple of hours, oh what a beautiful day"

The song is chillout i think, and about 3-4 yrs old. Was on some channel4 advert about films during the daytime!

If any1 can help it qould be most appreciated

thanks

9. macrumors newbie

Need A Little Help

Hello Everyone
    I need a little help to identify a song title and band name if possible for the following lyrics ...

"Are you sitting comfortably, then we'll begin"

These lyrics are spoken at the very start of the song, and then it carries on into the rest of the song. Pretty sure it is an 80's or 90's band like Def Leppard. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:
    thank you all in advance
    A.

10. tag
    macrumors 6502a

tag

I came across this app the other day called Tunatic. It can listen to a song and compare it's features/characteristics against it's database and (if it's in there) give you the song and artist info. Just to note the database is user driven so over time the database should keep building up apparently. So some of my more mainstream music is easily identified, though the more obsucure stuff is hit and miss really.

11. macrumors newbie

Help with song title group

Here is the opening to an old song, from the 80's and i dont know who it is and it is killing me....

MICHAEL...yes daddy....ITS EIGHT THIRTY BOY TIME YOU WERE IN BED...but dad, dont argue with me michael, but dad i am 26 years old....physically yes michael but your not like other 26yr old boys are you? your a god damn child in your own mind, oh please daddy, dont push me boy. SLAP. ive warned you michael, get to bed..NOWWWW....goodnight daddy...hahahah goodnight michael, pleasant dreams...............

please help!!

12. macrumors 6502a

count chocula

13. macrumors newbie

14. Guest

calculus

Daydream in Blue by I Monster

15. macrumors newbie

Looking for it myself. Between '81 and '84 or so. I remember the refrain "and when your final screams, become reality not dreams".

It's _ gotta_ be out there somewhere.

16. macrumors newbie

This is an easy one

It is called "Into the Night" and it is by Benny Mardones

17. macrumors newbie

Wow, I'm a little late on this one

Anyone ever on here or what?? Guess it helps to look at the dates.:eek:

18. macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Whenever i am looking for the name of an artist/song/album and i am really sure of the lyrics, i just put them in quotes and search it on google, almost always works.

19. macrumors newbie

Has Anyone Heard This Song?

I am looking for a song that was on the season 1 Felicity DVD. It was in the episode "Boggled". All I have is the lyrics but the song is slow, acoustic and sung by a guy. Any help would be much appreciated - I know lots of fans are looking for this song.
    Thanks!

"Am I breathing? It feels like I'm touching you for the first time. It's not the first time. The sweetest treason, lying next to you before our last wave goodbye.
    The moment that we closed the door, we hung our halos, knowing what we came here for. If not forever, until the morning after. (The morning after.) I watch you sleeping, knowing that I'll never share this bed with you. As much as I want to. I'm not weeping, but I'm overwhelmed by how we sealed our fate. Now it's too late. The moment that we closed the door, we hung our halos, knowing what we came here for. If not forever, until the morning after. (The morning after.) "

20. macrumors newbie

Looking for song from "The Office"

I'm looking for the name of the song/artist that is playing in the Christmas Party scene of "The Office" Special. It is the scene where Tim is watching Dawn leave. The lyrics are like "whatever it takes, whatever you want, I want you back" or something like that. I know it is a fairly old song.
    Can anyone help?

21. macrumors newbie

Please help me find this song

The chorus goes " Dont mess with my man, Dont mess with my boy, Get your hands of my man"
    I am pretty sure that's how it goes. Its a dancey song but I dont know who sings it or what the name is. Please Help!!!

22. macrumors newbie

wandering if anyone has found the answer to this

looking for this also please help it's heavy metal from early 80's male singer

23. macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Genre and if the singer is a male or female would be helpful for these and future songs

24. macrumors newbie

i added the genre to my post hope it helps

heavy metal early 80's male group

25. macrumors newbie

Moses32

That's "Don't Mess With My Man" by Lucy Pearl.
    Album: Lucy Pearl, released in 2000.

That was Raphael Saadiq's (Tony Tone Toni) first band.

http://www.amazon.com/Lucy-Pearl/dp..._bbs_sr_1/104-7422389-0953501?ie=UTF8&s=music