Help Finding a Desk.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DJMastaWes, Jul 7, 2006.

1. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Hello fellow MR users. Firstly, how is everyone? Great.
    Okay, well I'm going to be ordering a MBP once the new one comes out, along with a new Wireless apple Mouse and Keyboard for my iMac, as it can still be used.

My current desk setup can be seen here. http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9840/dscf34664pm.jpg

As you can see, there will not be enough room for a MBP and an iMac. The current desk is also bad because my keyboard and stuff takes up so much room, that during the school year I never do my homework because it's really uncomfortable and crowded, and also the desk is really like card table, it's leather so if I were to write, it would make a hole in the paper.

So obviously I'm looking for a wood desk, that can fit in the space shown above (from the corner of the room until the end where you can kind of see the door.) I still need room for my T.V. and stuff, but That I can put in the corner, and I can put the desk from the radiator to the door.

I don't want the desk to stick out much. I want it to be wood, and I really want it to be white so match my iMac, mouse and keyboard, iPod...

I live in Canada, so stores here are like, IKEA, Home Depot, Reno Depot, Staples, and Wal-Mart.

Any help would be great.

P.S. I plan on putting the Mixing board somewhere else. I only want the iMac, iPod/Dock, Keyboard, Mouse, and MBP on the desk.

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...Id=10101&storeId=12&langId=-1&productId=47022

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

4. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

The IKEA jerker is pretty much the gold standard efficient, economic computer desk. It has definitely proven itself. Thumbs up. :)

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Looks like the GALANT. configure it with White and the T leg.. I think that's it.

8. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Totally off topic, but the behringer 1604 is SUCH a great little mixer.

All I can say about desks is that if you buy the $20 one from Kmart, don't try to set a 19" crt on top of it....

9. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Hmm, you guys seemed to find desks on IKEA that I could not find when I looked. I'll see if my dad can being me on Sunday to look at stuff and measure, and then I'll work this week to get money to buy it, and then hopefully apple ships the MBPs mid august. (Doubt it)

10. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Just remember the sale ends on sunday! I'm not sure what's on sale, but looking in-store, you may find something you like more than the stuff online.

Also, check the returns, if they have them in Canadian IKEA.

11. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Alright guys, I'm going to go to IKEA now and get this desk http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...15&categoryId=16133&chosenPartNumber=60105103 becuase it seems to be the only one taht will fit in my room (it will still be tight) hopefully I can find something else at IKEA that is not on there website. But the desk is cheap, so I'll get a lamp, chair and some cool things. I think I'm going to get it in Birch. Anyway I'll update once I get back and post pics.

Thanks for your help guys.