Help Finding A PC Mac Compatible Webcam Program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chris3125, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Chris3125 macrumors member

Hey there first like to introduce myself. new to the forums. just got myself a Ibook and Ipod and have found these forums very helpful. finally got round to registering. my first question,

my father would like to talk to his family who are in new zealand using my ibook (using a webcam). however they are using PC's running windows. i was wondering if anyone could advise me on a program which will work on both OS's?

Thanks in advance

Chris

:)

2. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

3. Arnaud macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm not sure about the details, but you should be able to chat via iChat (on OsX) with AIM members using AIM on Windows / PCs.

I set up an account with my broz' some months ago, and we tried around, it worked kinda ok, although my broz' received my video but I didn't receive his.

AIM should be available from http://www.aim.com .
    Opening an AIM account is free. You might need a .mac account for the osx side.

Arnaud.

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Both iChat/AIM (iChat on the Mac, AIM on the PCs), and Yahoo! Messenger should work. For iChat I think you need an iSight. For Yahoo! IM, you might try a Logitech webcam. I tried one once that a friend owned, and it seems to work fine with my PB and Yahoo! Messenger. I didn't actually try chatting with someone (don't know anyone else with a webcam), but the image from the camera was displayed on the screen just fine.