Help! Firefox address bar woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caezar, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Caezar macrumors 6502

What happened? Suddenly, the Firefox address bar was replaced by the search engine bar. Whenever I type an address, I am directed to a Google page that lists all the web pages linked to the text I typed in the bar.

For instance, when I type www.cnnsi.com I am directed to a Google page that shows me how to access Cnnsi.com, instead of reaching the website directly.

How to I go back to a normal address bar? Also, how did this feature get turned on?

Attached Files:

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

just right click firefox toolbar, choose "customize", and then drag the URL bar to where you want it to be.

3. Caezar thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

When I customize the Navigation bar, I only see a Search bar, not any Url bar. Are the Url bar and Search bar the same? If so, how can turn off the search function?

I went into the Help menu and I could not find any information on how to put the Location bar back into the Navigation bar. The help menu only contains info about the Search bar. :confused:

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, they are two different stuff,
    can you post a pic of the panel of your "customize" interface?

5. Caezar thread starter macrumors 6502

Here it is. I split it in two, since i cant resize the Customize menu.

Attached Files:

6. Caezar thread starter macrumors 6502

Never mind. I quit Firefox, restarted the application, and now have both the location and search bars.

I am still curious to know what happened though.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

maybe some panic, firefox's interface is written in XUL, some time may have small glitch, usually when this happen, I just restore it to the original status.
    the bug i know is that if u have yahoo toolbar installed, you will not be able to drag and re-arrange the position of the buttons.

8. Caezar thread starter macrumors 6502

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

There are some bugs in Firefox 2 that pertain to graphics and the GUI. I've been wondering if they should've held off a bit to fix them because they've been around in all the betas...

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

well, u can always file a bug report at bugzilla

11. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

You know, I'm getting really sick of people saying this. And this isn't just you, it's everyone. If I said it's been around in the betas for a while, it's been reported. And it's not high up on anyone's list if it's not fixed yet. But saying that is like playing ****ing Captain Obvious. I know that I could, but I know that it's already been reported.