Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ump3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2003
Can anyone help?! I was fiddling around with Font Book and I think I have deleted a font. Some of my Apps (iCal for one) will not open now and instead repeatedly bounces in the dock.

How do i reinstall all original fonts that were installed at factory? or at least what fonts are needed by the system in 10.3? Font book is picking up a lot of duplicate fonts as I have another version of OS X on a different partition on my HD

Thanks.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
ump3 said:
Can anyone help?! I was fiddling around with Font Book and I think I have deleted a font. Some of my Apps (iCal for one) will not open now and instead repeatedly bounces in the dock.

How do i reinstall all original fonts that were installed at factory? or at least what fonts are needed by the system in 10.3? Font book is picking up a lot of duplicate fonts as I have another version of OS X on a different partition on my HD

Thanks.
All the fonts REQUIRED by Mac OS X are located in /System/Library/Fonts, which is not modifyable by ordinary users or administrative users. All other fonts will be in either /Library/Fonts (for global fonts) or ~/Library/Fonts (for your own fonts). You can re-obtain these by doing an archive and install of Mac OS X, retaining users and network settings. You'll need to reapply all the software updates, but you'll have your fonts back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.