help for a new user

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Scubajay, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Scubajay macrumors regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Great Totham, UK
    Hello all,
    I have been trying to save a film I particularly like from You tube and not been having much success. Can anyone here gimme the no doubt super simple Mac way of doing this?

Cheers in advance. can I get the Ical thingy into the menu bar?
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Try PodTube.

To get iCal in your Dock, just drag it from your Applications folder to the Dock. It will automatically create a shortcut for you there.
  3. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    1. Open the YouTube address in Safari.
    2. Let the video download a little.
    3. Hold down option-command-A to open the activity window, click on the little arrow in the window to expand the list.
    4. Locate the .flv video in the list - it'll be the largest file by a long way.
    5. Double click on it in the list - the video will start downloading to your desktop.
    6. Drag it into iSquint (download iSquint if you don't have it) and convert.
    7. Done.

Or you could get PodTube but I've had some iffy results with PodTube.

To put any application in the Dock, drag the icon from the Applications folder to the dock. For anything else, drag it's icon to the right side of the dock - on the other side of the line near the Trash. I dragged my Applications folder to the right side of the dock to make all my apps quickly accessible with a click.
  4. Scubajay thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Great Totham, UK
    Thanks for your help guys........Got it all done now thanks to the assistance.