Help for converter -fonts & dock thingy!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by john_satc, Feb 14, 2005.

1. john_satc macrumors 6502

hey - just covnerted to apple from a real crap vaio - so slow and crashed every time i opened explorer- so annoying!
    anyway just a cuple of things buggin me on here. first, i have this programme that opens every time i turn on my ibook [its a printer programme] - how do i stop it opening? i know it sounds silly but its annoying having to close it then removing it from the dock.

second, in apple works word processing, i set the default font to 'New York' and to be size 10, but each time i reopen word processing, its on size 12 and is the wrong font style. wats wrong? am i changing it right [if u cud quickly tell me how i should be doing it to see if im right].

thanks guyz&gurlz!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I can help with issue #1. Check your Startup Items - these can be found in the Accounts pane of System Preferences. The offending application should be listed there - just give it the heave-ho, and it won't start automatically anymore (unless some other component of the printer software you're using automatically puts it back).

I don't use AppleWorks, so I can't help with issue #2.

3. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

thank u so much,will check it next time i restart.if it dont work ill be back 4 u!