Help from non-English speakers with localization.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by guifa, Feb 7, 2003.

1. guifa macrumors 6502

I've been hard at work on a new version of my open-source/freeware version of Hangman lately, and have gotten 18 (!) offers for localization for it.

But I don't want to stop there. I'd love to be able to provide localizations in all languages in which Hangman is feasible (eg, about <40 letters, and usage of an alphabet). Some specific ones I'd like to see include Modern Greek/Hellenic, Hawaiian, Asturian, and a few more Slavic languages.

Right now I have English, Spanish, Galician, Catalonian*, Basque*, Portuguese, Italian, French, Latin (yes, Latin), German, Swedish, Danish, Icelandic*, Dutch*, Russian, Turkish, Urdu*, Arabic*

If you speak a language other than those above (or speak one of the in progress ones and have a little more time free than the current localizers do), and would like to help me get Hangman localized and playable in your language, please send me an e-mail and I can get you more details on the localization (in all, there are about 200 phrases, of 1 to 4 words each...most I've talked to say it takes about 2 hours to translate in all).

* These translations are in progress with varying degrees of completeness

2. guifa thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, I've got Hawai'ian now. Anyone else out there willing to help out?