Help! G5 and Radeon 9800 Pro with no picture!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Chrispy, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Hey all. I just installed a Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB on my Dual 1.8 last night. It worked fine all night but when I went to wake it up this morning I got a blank screen. I tried restarting and still just got a blank screen! I let the computer sit and turned it back on and I still get a blank screen. I neven did the Apple + Option + P + R thing and I still just got a blank screen. What can I do? I have this item on ebay and it ends in 2 days so I need to get it working. Thanks

-Chris

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Is your Monitor working correctly?

Do you mean the whole G5 is on eBay? (I thought you'd only just got that!)

3. Chrispy thread starter macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Yeah the monitor seems to be working ok (other than the fact it has a bad pixel). The whole G5 is up on eBay and I did just get it haha. A bad financial situation has forced me to get rid of all my computer equipment but this iBook I'm typing on now. I have a lot of stuff on the G5 that I still need to get off too so I may have to put the old GPU in to at least do that. Any ideas anyone?

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I seem to remember you swapped an iMac for the G5 - may consider the same move early next year, as I worry about the 'sealed' unit approach of the new iMac, although it's a great machine.

Other than checking cables and maybe refitting the card, I can't think of any other ideas for now. Sorry.

5. Chrispy thread starter macrumors 68020

Chrispy

After unplugging the card and plugging it back in it seems to work for now. That was scary and I hope it does not happen again.

6. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Cool. Do you think it was pushed in securely before? (any earth quakes nearby last night) :)

7. Chrispy thread starter macrumors 68020

Chrispy

My roommate snores really loud haha. Maybe that shook it out of its slot ;)