Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thabridawg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2002
I just returned my 1.8 GHz G5 today cause I plan on getting a 2.0 GHz instead. When I returned it, they charged me a $240 restocking fee. When I left, I took home an Apple Pro Card brochure thing... and on the back it says

"We're confident you'll be happy with your Power Mac G5. So confident that we're offering this risk-free, 30-day money-back guarantee to you as a Pro Card member: Return your Power Mac G5, and we'll refund the purchase price. No Questoins. No hassles. No restocking fees."

Doesn't that mean I should have not been charged a restocking free?

I returned it 6 days after I bought it.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
well, are you a pro card carrying person? or did you just pick up the literature on it when you returned the unit? If you're not a "member" then you probably have to pay the restocking fee. If you are, then yep, you got screwed. Might wanna go back with a receipt and say gimme my money back...

thabridawg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2002
thanks for the lightning-fast reply...

I didn't sign up for the Pro Card... but... at the time of purchase, I wasn't offered it either.

Does the Pro Card cost anything?

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
I THINK it's a credit card from apple but I might be wrong. But the fact is, you didn't use it to buy the machine so you probably can't get the benefits from it.

BEN

KCK

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2003
Oakland, CA
Originally posted by saabmp3
I THINK it's a credit card from apple but I might be wrong. But the fact is, you didn't use it to buy the machine so you probably can't get the benefits from it.

BEN

Actually wasn't the Pro Card something you got for pre-ordering a G5 from an Apple Store? I think that is how it worked. If you pre-ordered a G5 from an Apple Store you got the Pro Card which entitled you to certain benefits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.