Help, got screwed with counterstrike on Macbook

Discussion in 'Games' started by WillMak, Oct 29, 2006.

1. WillMak macrumors 6502a

I downloaded Crossover and started playing CS on my macbook - pretty sweet. But I started asking around in game whether my macbooks stats could work for CS:source. This one guy told me to type in "m_yaw 20000" and "M_pitch (something I forget)." to test it out. Now my counterstrike is going berserk. One touch of my mouse and the screen spins like crazy making cs unplayable. Kinda sucks since I just got it to work today. How do I make it/what do I type in to restore it back to default?

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

Sounds like someone had fun. :D

A simple Google of "CounterStrike M_pitch" gave several links that will help you out:

CS-Nation: commands/variables
    Counter-Strike.com: Commands

You can view the defaults there.

Also, FWIW, someone in this thread gave a collection of tweaks that "helps [to] no end". 'course since I'm out in the cold on my G5 and can't play CS, I can't tell you. But I just thought I would post it for reference.

3. WillMak thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks man. I used 0.022 settings for both m_yaw and m_pitch and that made thigns playable. Both sites don't state what the default is tho. One says to use 0.03 while the other says to type 0.022. Is there a default setting the game uses?

4. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

Just out of curiosity, are you playing the game using Boot Camp or a specific software? Thanks :)

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

well the first post says the OP is using crossover

6. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

doh! talk about a brain fart....

I haven't been able to get it working properly on my MBP:(