Help!! Gotd#%n iPhoto!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by native00, Mar 29, 2006.

1. native00 macrumors regular

native00

I plugged my camera to get some recnt photos off. I dint want to import all of them so I figured I would drag them of by using the camera in disk mode, but iPhoto always opens whenever its plugged in. To make a long story short, I had trouble ejecting the camera and there are several folders on my desktop (12 to be exact) that won't go away! Even though they are folders they are behaving like external disks as they need to be ejected, nto trashed and deleted. But they won't eject!! I've tried logging out and back in, holding down open apple as I'm ejecting, but nothing is working.

Anybody got some suggestions?

2. enckwanzer macrumors member

have you tried opening disk utility and ejecting from in that app? sometimes things that give me trouble in finder work properly in disk utility. plus ... disk utility will tell you if they really are disks or not.

3. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

What is in those folders that act like disks?

If you don't need them and if you know how to use Terminal, can you check to see if they are listed under /Volumes directory? If they show up there, what would happen if you delete (rm) one of those directories?

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    also,

open image capture, and set the preferances to open image capture instead of iPhoto when you plug in da camera...will make life easier in the future.;)

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

...or just set it to do nothing... ah bliss... :)

6. native00 thread starter macrumors regular

native00

When I tried to open the disk utility, it just kept spinning and spinning. Couldn't gather any information whatsoever. Also, this also occurred because my camera wouldn't disconnect properly and due to frustration I disconnected it anyways. There are nothing in the folders, and there are like 13 of them because I improperly disconnected it 13 times. I can't get them to go away and I just might put my fist through my iMac.

If I knew what to type in Terminal to try and delete them I would. I need some more suggestions, please.