Help! Had My First Panther Freeze-Up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Capt Underpants, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Hello fellow MR members. I switched to the mac a couple of months ago, and i just now had my first panther freeze-up. It completely froze. No mouse movement, the dock froze while magnified, and I got the cool rainbow spinning thingy. Had this happened on my Xp machine, I would've control alt deleted and gotten out of the mess. However, since switching to the mac, I don't know what to do when it crashes.

What are some useful keyboard shortcuts to help me out in the rare occasion my mac does crash. Also, I am thinking my PB just needed a reboot. I can't remember that last time i rebooted it, but it was over a week. Could that've been the problem?

Anyways, i just need some helpful MAc OSX tips and keyboard shortcuts for when the machine hangs. Any help would be appreciated. Also, some helpful maintenance tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Pete

2. saturnk1 macrumors newbie

Try Command/Option/Esc - press them at the same time. It will bring up ur force quit menu - the application that is frozen will be red.

I hope this is what you meant.

3. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

that'll work. I was just looking for anything, as I had to push the power button to shut it down because I didn't know any key commands.