Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Try here . It's not hexedit, but there are hex editors here. Just select Mac OS and type in hex edit.

If worse comes to worse, can't you just reinstall.

Don't feel bad. It's good to tinker. A number of people, lots, screwed their OS9.x system with ResEdit alone. It happens. It helps the learning curve on future projects.

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
can anybody tell me how to get past the block that os x puts up when i try to do anything to the system files (root)???

there is a bunch of little things i want to tinker with, however the os stops me...

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Originally posted by steeleclipse
can anybody tell me how to get past the block that os x puts up when i try to do anything to the system files (root)???
there [are] a bunch of little things i want to tinker with, however the os stops me...

This is worth another thread. I think your question might get lost. Start off with an explanation of exactly what you want to do, with links to the original article and this page (for continuity).

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
Originally posted by Eniregnat
This is worth another thread. I think your question might get lost. Start off with an explanation of exactly what you want to do, with links to the original article and this page (for continuity).

I did :D
CLICK HERE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.