Help... how do I secure my network?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Pugdawg1, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Pugdawg1 macrumors member

It's not something I really have given much thought to. I live in a small town, not much for neighbors and all that. But the last few nights, I notice that the modem and the lights on the Linksys are flashing.. a lot. Constant flashing, like they would if you were downloading something or playing a game maybe. Three apple computers here, but when I'm noticing this activity, all are shut down for the night. I do know they occasionally flash, that's normal.. a wink here, a wink there, but not a constant flashing.

I'm a bit... ok, a lot ignorant on this. Can someone tell me how, or tell me where to look on this forum, to learn what to do, to either see if someone is messing with the network, and/or prevent it? Though I just feel it is so unlikely... is there something else that would cause things to seem so busy, at night?

I hope I put this post in the right spot.

2. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Wired or Wireless

is it wireless or wired cause if its woreless you can just type the routers ip address into safari and then you can fiddle with the security settings to secure your network.

3. Pugdawg1 thread starter macrumors member

I figured it out. Thank you for replying, it's appreciated. :)