Help: How To Reapply Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by aznkrnboi9, Jul 27, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

May 3, 2010
    Hello iPad friends :). I need help reapplying my Powersupport Matte Screen Protector back on to my iPad. I tried the water-soap rinse about 3 times and dusts collect under the screen before I am able to perfectly align the screen protector with the Home button. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. macrumors regular

Mar 13, 2010
    Well if dust is your problem then you should steam your room. maybe it would be the best if you do it in your bathroom. let the shower run ( HOT WATER ) about ten minutes and turn off the shower. leave it 2-3 minutes and then try reapplying your screen protector.
  3. macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2010
    Yup, the steam room is a great idea.

I just installed mine for the first time today, and what helped was tape. I used tape to lift up the shield when I had to re-do parts, then I used another piece of tape to pick up any dust on the screen or on the sticky part of the shield. I then used a cardboard scraper that was included with my Otterbox case and a cloth to iron out the bubbles. I found that some small bubbles didn't require a whole re-do lift of the shield to get them out. I just pushed on them with my finger and mashed a little, and some of them went away like that.

It took me a good 30-40 minutes to keep re-doing parts of it...lift shield with tape, use tape to tap away dust, then I scraped across the shield while I applied it again and again.

I still had a couple edge bubbles I couldn't get rid of, but they're covered by my Defender. If they still bother me, I might get a pro to re-do it for me, haha. :p
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

May 3, 2010

Thanks guys for the tips. Really appreaciated. Will try it out!