Help: HP D135 driver for Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zelmo, Dec 10, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

When I upgraded to Tiger, I lost the ability to scan to my iMac G4 from the D135 because the driver didn't support 10.4. That didn't bother me much, since I don't use the scanner often at all.
    Today, I went to print some images, and the print driver seems to have vanished entirely from my Mac. I went to HP's site and discovered there was a new driver for the D135 that supported Tiger. Woo-hoo, right? wrong.

Well, I've tried Safari, Firefox, and Explorer, but I cannot seem to dl the driver from HP directly or via the link for D_731_EN.dmg on versiontracker. So now, I have an AIO that works fine as a color copier, and that's about it.

Ideas? (yes, I emailed a query to HP). I tried installing the driver from the CD that came with the printer, but it warns that my OS is not suported, and I cannot get the set up to complete.

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

it's downloading on my ibook thru safari right now? its big, but if you need it, ill email it to you (if itll fit, it's 69 meg)... cheers - ps, reply in the forum or by email, i dont really check pm...

3. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

4. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

There's always opera and camimo to try downloading it with, aswell as p2p networks if nothing else.

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

ok, trying* to send it via gmail (the .dmg) it crashed when i tried w/ mail

6. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Thanks for all of your effort. I really appreciate it.
    After I repaired permissions and rebooted, I was able to dl the driver.:confused:

7. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

well, good. cuz i cant email the .dmg. that being said, now my hp wont scan. s***