HELP!!! I can't connect to the apple server!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by psychofreak, Oct 3, 2006.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

A few weeks ago I sent my macbook in to repair the random shutdowns. I was told multiple times that they would not erase my hard disk, but I backed my music up to my iPod just in case. Sure enough the macbook came back with a fresh install of OS X, and I decide to put the music back on from my iPod after downloading Firefox, Skype and all the updates (including 10.4.8 and iTunes 7.0.1). After the update, I try connecting to the iTunes store, to authorise my songs bought from the iTS and to download the free song of the week. Before installing the updates I had got the previous song of the week. I think its due to 10.4.8, but now it seems that I cannot connect to the apple servers. Whenever I try to the iTS, it says that the network connection was refused, I cannot dowload updates from apple, Safari does not work, and Quicktime does not connect to the internet. I can browse the web using firefox, and download updates from skype. I know that it is not my connection, as I have tried my friend's wireless broadband at his house to check if that works. I am desperate!!!

2. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

what do your firewall settings look like?

3. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135

Do You have a router? If so the built in firewall may be the cause of your pain.:eek: