Help! I deleted albums from iPhoto :o(.... by mistake

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by notjusteyecandy, Nov 14, 2006.

1. notjusteyecandy macrumors newbie

I hope someone can help me. :eek: My computer jammed and I pressed lots of keys... when it came back on, I'd wiped every album in my iPhoto... 3 years worth of my precious memories..... All deleted.
    Is there ANY way I can get these albums back????
    If anyone has any advise could you PLEASE help.
    I have an iMac running OSX.

Help!!!!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Wait, are the images in iPhoto? Is there a folder in Pictures named iPhoto? Maybe try running OmniDiskSweeper from an admin account to see where space is being used and maybe to see where your pictures might be, assuming it's the pictures you've lost and not just the album info. Good luck. :)

3. notjusteyecandy thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll go and check that out... all the photo's were in albums in iPhoto.... iPhoto is still there with no albums to be seen at all.
    I'll let you know how I go. Thanks :)

4. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

Did you check the Trash? You would have had to hit a lot of keys to command a folder to go to the Trash and then empty the Trash from the keyboard. Your iPhotos folder should be in a folder called iPhoto Library but I suppose that could have been renamed. It will have files in it called AlbumData.xml and LibraryX.iPhoto where X is some number (Library6.iPhoto).
    Hope this helps!