Help I Deleted my FILE !!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aaronl23, Oct 11, 2006.

1. aaronl23 macrumors newbie

I accidentely deleted a file, that someone had sent to the trash, and I need help... Is there anyway to get onto my hard drive or somehow get into the dump, to get this file back, I have no other copies. So if anyone knows how to access my trash (I emptied the trash) or hard drive PLEASE HELP.

2. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

Oh no! I think its gone for good. Sorry.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

There is no free software for Mac to retrieve deleted data.

Shut down computer right away after deletion is the best way to make sure it wont be gone.

Find a program and buy it, boot up the File-less mac into target disk mode, connect to another mac run the program on the firewire HD that is the file-less computer and restore the file.

Or you can risk keeping the computer on buying program and trying it on itself.

Or you can send it to a data recovery company which will be really expensive.

best bet is probably first one i have up there

And why don't people make backups anymore?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Data Rescue II's demo is meant to be able to show whether the file is recoverable or not. Of course, you need the full version to actually get the file back... Good luck. :)

5. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

There's a hidden file called .trashes but if you don't see anything there, it's probably gone.

6. iMetroid macrumors member

The Mac file system isn't as half-a$$ as the one in Windows. Chances are - it's gone.

7. wchong macrumors 6502