HELP!! I deleted the PHOTOS icon from my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by santie321, Nov 24, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

using 4.2. Went in to to iTunes to sync the phone thinking the Photos icon would come back and nothing. How can I get my Photos (app) icon back?? :(

2. macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I don't think that is even possible to delete the photo icon

3. macrumors 65816

Caliber26

As the person above me just stated, that's not possible. The Photos app is a native one, built-in to iOS. If deleting them were an option, A LOT of us would be thrilled to remove the stock weather/stock/compass apps nobody ever uses. Do you, by chance, have folders and accidentally dropped that app into one of those folders?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

ouch, you are correct sir. somehow i moved the Photos icon into a folder and did not realize it. its back now :)

thanks!

5. macrumors 65816

Caliber26

Glad I was able to help!

6. macrumors 68000

milani

If you DID manage to delete a standard app icon you'd be a hero. So many people have requested the ability to hide/delete apps like stocks or others they don't use.

Alas, it's just not possible. At least you got your issue solved, though! :D

7. macrumors G4

Night Spring

I think there was a way to "hide" an icon by dragging it over into the very last position on the very last page, then bumping it off into the non-existent next page after last by dragging another icon onto the last page. Never tried it myself, though, and not sure if it works under the current OS -- I think I heard about this method when iOS 3.x came out.

8. macrumors newbie

Yes, it is possible

Just drag the unwanted apps to the last available page, then fill that page with other apps until the unwanted app 'drops' off the screen! I did this with the notes, stocks, weather and voice memo apps, as I have others that are by far superior to these! 1 problem, the solution is not permanent! As soon as you resync your iPhone/iPad, they come back and you have to do it all over again! Not that big of a deal, better than having to deal with them all the time!

9. macrumors newbie

deleted photo icon

It is possible, i did it. and I do not know how to get it back.
    I have tried syncing my phone and it still is not back.
    Any more suggestions?

10. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings. Restore as new or from a backup that you know contains what you're missing.

11. macrumors member

It's even easier than that. If you can't find it doing a spotlight search, then go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. No need to restore and all that. :D

12. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Ooh, good call. I completely forgot about resetting the Home Screen layout.