HELP! I have lost an extremly important Pic

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by b0tt094, Sep 30, 2006.

1. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

can anyone give me any program to refind it and restore it... I dont care if it's a halfA** program just give me one pls

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Did you delete it or did your drive go bad?

Anyway, time for my standard "Before you download anything to your computer, drag the contents of your CF/SD card to to a CD and burn a copy" speech.

This prevents issues like this entirely.

Not trying to sound like I am rubbing it in your face, just trying to help other avoid similar issues.

I don't know of any recovery software.

3. b0tt094 thread starter macrumors 6502

b0tt094

no im a photyographer... move all my pics from iphoto to a spereat folder and thhen delte them from my camera and I photo but now I dont have it in my folder or I photo I need a search program to find the delted file and such pls help i jusst not really in thee mood for advice.. i have alread learned my lesson.... sorry if that sounds mean but i have been searching my computer blindily trying to find a delted file for the last hour

sorry about grammer im just a little distroughtt right now

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

No free ones for Mac at least, could cost you a couple grand thou to get the pic back from an actual data recovery company

5. iGary Guest

iGary

What was the name of the file? Did you try Spotlighting it if you do remember the name? You can also try Spotlighting a piece of EXIF data or .jpg?

If you are not in the mood for advice, then why did you post a call for help?

I know it sucks losing an image, but you need to calm down so we can try and help you. :)

6. b0tt094 thread starter macrumors 6502

b0tt094

Ok and yes i have searched every name i could think of for it and every folder i would be in... ya sorry about flipping out

7. iGary Guest

iGary

I'm afraid there is not much more that you can do, unless you enlist the services of a data recovery company - I think $150.00 and up is the going rate, and you would be without your hard drive for some time.

Hopefully someone has a better alternative, but I am not aware of one.

Good luck.

8. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I did a Google search, "Data Recovery Software, Mac OS" and got lots of solutions. Previous posters are right, $100-$150.

But some of them offer a free download demo. On at least one the demo won't recover your files but will show you what's there. I suggest you try the demos, maybe one of them will recover your files, then you don't have to buy it. I'd buy one but I do regular backups so I don't need them.

9. b0tt094 thread starter macrumors 6502

b0tt094

Thanks everyone im goin t otry those now If doesnt work...(figure of speech)I owe u one:cool: :p

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I have this:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/1133

Comes in handy, even if just to see files on a drive that's been screwed up. Like an external disk of mine that MacDrive on my Mom's PC messed up. And of course, it's backup drive died, but luckily I had a bunch of stuff on my main drive and on CD/DVDs and what I lost wasn't really important. Just make sure not to write to the thing that lost the data at all.

I think the demo allows you to recover a few MBs or KBs for free.