Help-I want my dad to love the Mac, but its hard.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr. MacBook, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

My dad is getting kind of pissed off at me because he needs MS powerpoint for his presentations in his buisness.

We dont want to spend $300 for MS professional, and i mentioned iWork, but im not sure if it can run powerpoint presentations and be opened up in powerpoint, and i dont think student/teacher edition has powerpoint

Please, tell me if iWork is good for a buisness man.

The only thing stopping him from hating it is the fact that if he does get it, he can use the remote for presentations.

2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

You can import export PowerPoint files with Keynote; though I'm not sure how well that works...

3. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Yes, Keynote will work with PowerPoint presentations. It can open and save slideshows as PowerPoint. I just figured this out :p . It's really cool.

EDIT: awww lance beat me to it. It works very well. I have some old Office 98 PPT slideshows that work with Keynote seamlessly

4. Mr. MacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, but i've heard alot of Keynote stuff wont play on powerpoint.

5. Mr. MacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

If i bought a "Used" MS office 2004 disc off amazon, would i be able to install it?

6. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

by way of boot camp yes. why not just buy MS office for mac, it is not too price and solves whatever weird issue your dad is having.

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

sure can, if it was registered by the last user you may have trouble getting updates.

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Student/Teacher has PowerPoint. Get it. It's half off.

9. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Don't you have to be a student or a teacher?

10. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

I don't think so - they sell all versions for windows at Best Buy and you can buy whatever suits your needs.