HELP im a Jackass (G5 problem)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by PowermacG5, Jun 3, 2004.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2003
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I bought some caned air to clean the inside of my G5 and it was working all right but the metal plates underneath the Graphics card have dust that cant be sprayed off. So i was like okay ill take the gfx card out and it will be easy to wipe off. So i start unscrewing the front philips screw and it was sticking to the screwdriver fine when it fell in to the abyss.(back Fan) I cannot get it out i laid on my back with computer upside down. Then i said whatever the gfx isnt going anywhere i pluged it in and everything is normal. But can that screw mess things up?. I think its behind the mother board.

In any case i had my sub by the tower and it vibrated loose... wink wink cough apple care.
  2. GUSTO macrumors member

Sep 23, 2003
    I would not run it, if that screw hit any of the soldered parts in the back of your motherboard it will short out somthing. Get apple to get it out.
  3. JLaFrance macrumors member

May 24, 2004
  4. jane doe macrumors 6502

Feb 18, 2004
    Good Luck

Good luck getting apple care to cover that... If screws are missing or out of place then they will not do anything.

but worry not, you should be able to shake the tower and get it loose from behind the mother board and get it out.
  5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Download the service manual and enjoy the experience. ;)

aka check your PMs, and if the link is dead -- there's google.