HELP....Imac G3 SE 700...opens with Safari when I start up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by geofcoulson, Sep 21, 2006.

1. geofcoulson macrumors newbie

I have an iMac 700SE graphite running 10.47. Recently whenever I start up/restart it also open Safari. I have been into accounts preferences and the only start up items listed are the printer and snapmail. This problem has just started. Is it that somehow "snapmail" has been ticked and needs unticking? Or is it something else to look for?
    Many thanks
    Geoff Coulson

2. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

check the folders hd>library>startupitems and hd>system>library>startupitems

3. geofcoulson thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info Belly-Laughs. In Library/start up..there is only Norton AntiVirus. In System/Library/start up there are a number of files:- Apache,Applshare,Appservices, Authserver, CrashReport, Disks, FibreChannel, IFCStart, IPServices, MetaData, NetworkTime, NFS, NIS, PrintingServices, RemoteDesktopAgent, SNMP.

No mention of Safari in either:(

Thanks anyway
    Geoff

4. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

Right-click or Ctrl+clik the dock icon...is "launch on startup" checked? That could do it.

I had a problem with Tiger on my wife's eMac where iTunes would launch spontaneously - it'd be shut down and she'd walk away, to come back to it later and it was running...never did find a resolution for it, but it's a funny anecdote and should help you feel better. ;)

5. geofcoulson thread starter macrumors newbie

DOUG
    How brilliant are you.

That worked a treat.
    I guess one of the children has right clicked it at some stage. I had searched the apple site and there was no mention of this!!

Many thanks
    Geoff