help importing mailboxes from 10.2 to 10.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigsteve3, Sep 12, 2005.

1. bigsteve3 macrumors member

Hello all,

I've searched online (these forums, Apple's discussion pages, etc.) and have been unable to figure out how to import mailboxes from 10.2 to 10.4 (from a PowerMac Quicksilver to a new iBook).

Simply put, I tried to methods, both with the result that all mailboxes and folders were correctly imported, but no actual messages were imported!

Here's what I tried:
    1. Choose import mailboxes when setting up the new Mail app in Tiger...located old mail file in ~/Library/Mail/...seemed to work, but only imported the folders...

2. I also tried manually copying all files from the ~/Library/Mail folder into the same place on the new computer...no cigar...same result as #1

How on earth can I actually get the messages to import and stay in their respective folders? It would be a pain to manually import and sort over 1,000 messages...

Thanks,

-S

2. tom_s macrumors member

I had to import my emails too after I had installed Tiger. At first I tryed to import them with the "Mail for OS X"-option. Nothing happened.
    Then I used the "other"-option and succeded in importing my mails.

If you haven't tryed this option, you should do so.

3. bigsteve3 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I'll try this tomorrow when I have access to both computers! I'll let you know how it goes...

-S