Help Importing Photos from Mail.app to iPhoto 06

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by winchest, Dec 25, 2006.

1. winchest macrumors regular

Hello,

I have been trying to import photos I get in my email (mail.app) to iPhoto 06 on an iMac C2D. I select "Save- Add to iPhoto" which causes iPhoto to open, but my pictures are never imported. I do not get an error or anything...simply nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

simple suggestion. in mail click on the photo and drag them to the desktop. they will automaticall be saved on the desktop as a result. then take those pictures that are saved on the desktop and drag them into iphoto. try this with a few at a time and see if ti works. If it does, try skipping the deskstop step and instead drag the photos fromm the email right into the iphoto library. let me know how it works out for you.

3. winchest thread starter macrumors regular

I can drag multiple photos from a single email to the desktop then drag the newly created files into iPhoto.

I can also drag multiple photos from a single email directly to iPhoto for importation.

For some reason when using the "Save-Add to iPhoto" in the email, it still does not work. I guess it is not that big of a deal if I can manually move the photos myself, but it just seems odd and makes me wonder if some other things are not working as they should.

4. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I duno, I am glad I helped you along though. Maybe check to be sure the save feature is going to iPhoto and not just some other download area or part of the library. I don't know why you are having that issue, but it is pretty minor and I actually like dragging it instead of the save feature. But I get the fact that it is new and all should be perfect.