HELP!! Impossible to turn Flash off in you browser??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cluthz, Dec 1, 2004.

1. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Some pages with loads of Flash animations are almost killing my powerbook (the same happens om my G4 tower too..).

Pages with 5+ flash animations is impossible to access.

Is there are way to block those flash animations? or atleast make them play once or lower their quality..?

I can block pictures with mozilla, but not flash animations...

if you want too see for yourself look here.

http://www.dinside.no/php/art.php?id=112747

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is very easy to do. First, close all your web browsers (copy this post to a text file first). Then go to (your hard disk)/Library/Internet Plug-Ins, and move the files Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt elsewhere (don't delete them, since you might need Flash again). Restart your browser(s) for the change to take effect.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

4. cluthz thread starter macrumors 68040

cluthz

Migth jump to Firefox instead of Mozilla. It's like 00.10 (then minutes past midnigth) here, so I wll try tomorrow and report back. :D

Thanks for the info!

In x11 i can rigth click the ad and block it (even if it is a flask ad, in macosx mozilla i can only block jpegs/gif/pngs.)

Some sites are like slideshows when they have many flash ads, and i often have to wait half a minute before I can even scroll..

It must be a bug!

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you hold on for a second after the flash ad appears you should get a ring around it and an "adblock" tab next to it that you can click, even for Flash. But I think you're right, you can't right click the Flash.