Help/Input required for a Dissertation Short Survey

Discussion in 'Community' started by norinradd, Apr 17, 2005.

1. norinradd macrumors newbie

May 18, 2004
    Essex, England
    Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate it if you could fill in a short questionnaire (8 Questions) for me, its concerning my dissertation which is a investigation into the intellectual property theft that currently exists on the World Wide Web and how this impacts on the freedom of communication and accessibility in using this medium.

The link is here

Click here to take survey

Thanks in advance
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I just completed your survey. Hope that my answers will be helpful. Just gave my honest opinion. Will be interested to hear your dissertation results.
  3. norinradd thread starter macrumors newbie

May 18, 2004
    Essex, England
    Thanks for that ;)

Will provide a copy of my thesis for all thats interested
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I submitted responses too. Good luck! :) What exactly is your dissertation project itself? What are you trying to demonstrate, concerning OSS, IP theft, and the climate of the 'net? I think it's a nice idea, although I dunno if my perspective lines up with yours or not. To me there have been a lot of sins on both sides...I don't think the purpose of the open nature of the internet was ever intended for people to destroy the ability of artists to support their art financially, just to avoid paying for music or movies, but I also don't think that the commercial entertainment industry has done nearly enough to adapt to the way consumers want to use their products.
  5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I just finished the survey...

I missed an option for Legal use of BitTorrent, as I have it and use it, but not for illegal (or copyright violenting) purposes...

(I get my music for free from my public Library, and haven't got time/patience/HD space to download movies/tv-series of unknown quality, I'll rather loan the DVD from the library or buy it...)
  6. tom.96 macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2003
    UK (southern)
    Survey done!

I did an essay on intellectual property in the age of the internet a couple of years ago at Uni. It was really very interesting but things have moved on so much since I wrote my essay.

Good luck with it - if you have to post it on the web for your course (like I did) let us know the url!

I actually buy the physical copy of everything I want - DVD, book, LP/7" (good ol' fashioned vinyl!) I just love having the actual product there... I hope both digital formats and physical ones can coexist otherwise there are going to be a lot of job losses in record shops!
  7. camobag macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2003
    Just finished your survey and enjoyed it thoroughly...:) I definitely use acquisition for a lot of stuff, but I'm trying not to.
  8. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Completed, looking forward to hearing what you find!