Help! iPod Battery is mad!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Stike, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

I got a refurbished iPod from Powermax in July, and it was great, had no scratches and so on, and I had a battery life of around 8 hours even with the latest update 1.2.2 (Europe update).

Now, the battery is all messed up. I had it plugged to my Mac for HOURS and unplugged it. Then after few seconds of turning on, the message appeared "battery empty"... WTF??

What could I do?:confused: :eek: HELP!!!:eek:

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

When you plug in your iPod to your computer, that Hard Drive spins...all the way until after you unplug it. So that Hard Drive has been spinning "for HOURS". When you unplug it, the Hard Drive continues to spin and organize the files on it, or whatever it does.

Why don't you plug the iPod into the wall from the FireWire Cable + Power Adapter? If it doesn't work, get it fixed. Your iPod still can be fixed for free under the extended warranty. I had my 5GB Power Adapter fixed a few weeks ago for no charge.

Beware - Even though the iPod still may list three icons of battery life, with iPod OS 1.2.x (up to 1.2.2 so far) that problem has not been resolved. Turn on the iPod and wait about thirty seconds to a minute to see if those battery bars fade away.

As for how to fix the problem, plug the iPod into the outlet for an hour min., as I described earlier. If the problem continues to exist,
    (A) Select one song and play the songs following it, instead of constantly switching back and forth,
    (B) Turn down the Contrast, and turn off the Equalizer presets.

If the problem continues, get it fixed, as I described with the warranty issue.