Help!! iPod Crashed!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nomadic82, Apr 13, 2005.

1. nomadic82 macrumors newbie

My 4GB iPod mini has crashed!! I unplugged it yesterday morning (it had only been on the charger for about 20 mins from almost flat) and it wouldn't run, so i left it at home. I plugged it back in via firewire when i got home, but it is not responding at all. I have tried restarting my iBook with the iPod plugged in, tried holding down the play/pause button on the click-wheel, tried everything it seems... I want my music back!!!! Please has anyone any ideas... :confused:

2. iArtificialLife macrumors member

that happend to my 3G 20 gig ipod. I would try draining the battery fully and compleatly,then recharge it til is is compleatly full.if that does not suffice. then the genius bar is you best bet.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Not to be patronizing, but are you sure you did the hard reset correctly? You have to follow exactly these steps:

- Plug the iPod into the power charger ONLY and not the computer
    - Toggle the hold switch to on and then off
    - Hold the MENU and Select (center) portion of the wheel down simultaneously for ten seconds.

4. nomadic82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!!

Thank you so much, i'm sorry i hadn't done it properly, my friend told me a different way, but when i tried yours it worked!! Thanks heaps... i can now enjoy my musicc again!! :)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, it's quite confusing! :( Glad it worked, though! :)