Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nomadic82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
My 4GB iPod mini has crashed!! I unplugged it yesterday morning (it had only been on the charger for about 20 mins from almost flat) and it wouldn't run, so i left it at home. I plugged it back in via firewire when i got home, but it is not responding at all. I have tried restarting my iBook with the iPod plugged in, tried holding down the play/pause button on the click-wheel, tried everything it seems... I want my music back!!!! Please has anyone any ideas... :confused:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
nomadic82 said:
My 4GB iPod mini has crashed!! I unplugged it yesterday morning (it had only been on the charger for about 20 mins from almost flat) and it wouldn't run, so i left it at home. I plugged it back in via firewire when i got home, but it is not responding at all. I have tried restarting my iBook with the iPod plugged in, tried holding down the play/pause button on the click-wheel, tried everything it seems... I want my music back!!!! Please has anyone any ideas... :confused:

Not to be patronizing, but are you sure you did the hard reset correctly? You have to follow exactly these steps:

- Plug the iPod into the power charger ONLY and not the computer
- Toggle the hold switch to on and then off
- Hold the MENU and Select (center) portion of the wheel down simultaneously for ten seconds.

nomadic82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Thank you!!

mkrishnan said:
Not to be patronizing, but are you sure you did the hard reset correctly? You have to follow exactly these steps:

- Plug the iPod into the power charger ONLY and not the computer
- Toggle the hold switch to on and then off
- Hold the MENU and Select (center) portion of the wheel down simultaneously for ten seconds.

Thank you so much, i'm sorry i hadn't done it properly, my friend told me a different way, but when i tried yours it worked!! Thanks heaps... i can now enjoy my musicc again!! :)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
nomadic82 said:
Thank you so much, i'm sorry i hadn't done it properly, my friend told me a different way, but when i tried yours it worked!! Thanks heaps... i can now enjoy my musicc again!! :)

Yeah, it's quite confusing! :( Glad it worked, though! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.