Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aef1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
i plugged in my ipod and it said it wasnt working and i would have to return it to factory settings. I didn't know why and i wanted to save all my settings so I tried to eject it, planning to try connecting it again. My computer said the ipod was disconnected and so I unplugged it without looking at the ipod screen (i know that was not smart) and the ipod screen still says "connected" several hours later and my ipod will not do anything.

i replugged in my ipod to see if it would do anything, and it would not appear on itunes. i looked in finder and the name of it was there so i clicked on it. 40 minutes later the rainbow pinwheel was still there so i unplugged my ipod, its logo stayed in finder.

My ipod screen still says "connected" and is still unresponsive.

Thanks to anyone with some advice! As you can probably tell from the way I describe things, I am clueless.

It is an ipod nano 16GB, model number A1285 (not sure if helpful). I have had no problems with it in the past

Hosei

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
NY, NY
iPod

Have you tried resetting your iPod?

Hold down the menu button and the middle button for a few seconds, see if anything happens. Make sure you do this while your iPod is connected to a power source,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.