1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Help!!! IPod Touch wont restore!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WarEagle149, Mar 20, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey guys i have been trying to restore my IPod touch and no matter what i do it keeps coming up "An Unknown Error Has Occurred (9)" Does anybody know how to fix this so that my ipod can be restored? Also if it helps I am Using a MacBook Pro. Any help on fixing my IPod would be greatly appreciated!

2. macrumors regular

Have you tried reaching Apple Support? Maybe you should take a trip to the Apple Store if your iTouch is still under warranty. If not, well the only choice would be to buy a new one, unless you want to pay for repairs.

3. macrumors newbie

its not under warranty anymore and so is there nothing i can do to get it to work from my computer? and if not does anyone know how much the repairs would cost or if its just cheaper to get a new one?

4. macrumors regular

Repairs, I believe, are 99$ or somewhere around that price. Maybe more expensive. Maybe I'm getting that confused with sending it to Apple? :eek: Not sure though. I would say buy a new one. :) Glad I could help you with your problem! Hope to see you around on the forums! :D :apple: