HELP! is 20" iMac c2d real Noisy ? any experiences?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EricChunky, Oct 6, 2006.

1. EricChunky macrumors regular

hi all

about to buy a 20" iMac maxout. little bit worried about the noise issue that have been complained by several broad members here and in apple support forum.

any ideas how bad it is? is it a general issues for all 20" c2d imacs?

having all the experinces of cooking macbook pro (returned) and randomshutdown macbook (mobo replaced and then sold) , i really really don't want to get another mac nitemare...

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

My iMac 20" Core 2 Duo is pretty much silent unless I chuck my ear right up next to it, and then all I can hear is the noise of the fans and hard drive.

The only noise I can hear it make above any ambient noise in the room is the optical drive, I was installing World of Warcraft earlier in the day and the drive was pretty damn loud.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

This seems to be a common occurence on most Macs, my iBook G4, MacBook Pro, and Power Mac G5 all had noisy SuperDrives. :eek: :) But besides that, whisper quiet. :)

4. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

Mine is also very quiet (much quieter than my powerbook G4), except when I reset the SMU and the fan was on full blast 100% of the time. Whoops. :eek:

The superdrive is surprisingly loud when it revs up, but that might simply be due to the contrast with the silent computer.

5. EricChunky thread starter macrumors regular

thanks... order placed...

i know all mac optical drives sounds like cow.. nevermind