help: Is macmall.com is a good place to buy iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by atmtbu00, Apr 16, 2005.

1. atmtbu00 macrumors newbie

I decide to buy iPod mini, and don't know where is a good place to buy.
    Macmall.com offers below promotions.
    I am interested in these promotions.
    Is Macmall.com a good seller?
    Does anybody buy mac products at the macmall.com?

Thanks.

FREE Griffin iTrip mini FM Transmitter with purchase of an iPod mini (after $19.99 mail-in rebate)
    Offer good through May 31 2005 11:59PM PST.

FREE Speakers with purchase of any iPod/Mac mini after $9.99 mail-in rebate offer.

FREE Carrying Case with iPod/iPod mini purchase after $13.99 mail-in rebate.

UPS Ground only $6.99! – Offer good for online orders only!

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

MacMall is as good as anywhere else. they're a major Mac reseller, so don't anticipate any problems.

Amazon offers then for similar cash discounts (no rebate required) and free shipping

6gb silver
    4gb silver

arn

3. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

MacMall

I've bought from MacMall before and had no problem, but I tend to avoid them on any "fine print" deals. Sorry, but I refuse to encourage a company to do business by rebates. I'd rather pay a little more to a company who takes an amount off the top and encourage that practice.

That said, it sounds like you're aware of the rebates - that you'll have to pay for all that side stuff that you may or may not really want and then trust the rebate process to work. Like I said, I haven't bought anything from them with a rebate attached, but hopefully someone else here will be able to tell you if they're good about honoring them.

Personally, I think I'd rather just buy the iPod (if I had some money) and choose the accessories that *I* really want later down the road.

But that may just be me. :)