Help, iSync erased my T610 and iPod

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by parrothead, Jan 5, 2005.

1. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

First I will start with the background info: I have a 15" 1.25 albook running 10.3.7 with the latest iSync and bluetooth. My iPod is a 3G 30GB and my phone is the SE T610.

So, last night when I was syncing the iPod and phone I accidentally hit reset all devices in iSync. After hitting the sync button after it was done I realized that the contacts had been erased in both my phone and iPod. The calenders in both, however were both still there with all my events still set up.

Here's what I have tried so far: I removed both devices from iSync and re-added them. I re-added my phone through the "add new device" selection in the bluetooth menu. I did a complete factory restore with the latest 3G iPod software, and a master reset on my phone. Then set up both devices as if they were brand new. Next I deleted the iSync application from my computer and downloaded it again from Apple and reinstalled. Finally I screamed and yelled obsceneties at all three devices.

What I havent tried (because I had to get to work): reset permissions, delete isync pref files, and ???

Please if anyone can shed any light on this situation help me! I have gotten lazy and dont know anyone's phone number any more and I am in real trouble here at work without my contacts! :( :mad:

2. Gee macrumors 65816

Your contacts are still in Address Book though, right? Or am I missing something?

3. parrothead thread starter macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Yes, my address book on the computer has been unaffected.

4. Gee macrumors 65816

So, second stupid question. You didn't keep the same contacts in your address book as on your phone and iPod, all synced via isync?

I am missing something, right? Otherwise you could just run isync again and it would put all your contacts from your address book back on your phone and ipod. Right?

5. parrothead thread starter macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Thats what I did about 100 times. No matter how many times I sync my phone and iPod the contacts just will not show up. The calenders do though. So I can go on my phone and check my schedule, but I cant dial anyone cause my phone book is empty.

6. Gee macrumors 65816

Ok, gotcha. Hmmm. Deleting the isync preferences will probably help, as you said. And the only other stuff I can think of is the blindingly obvious, like 'you do have the 'synchronise all contacts' option checked for each device?' and 'you have added the devices properly so they appear in isync?'....sorry!

7. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

answer

There's something in the setup...like "require pim auth" or something. Just make sure that box is unchecked

8. parrothead thread starter macrumors 6502a

parrothead

What setup would that be in? When I reinstalled isync, I dont remember any setup. If it is the bluetooth setup you mean, then how could we explain the missing contacts on my iPod? Any more suggestions from anybody out there?

9. parrothead thread starter macrumors 6502a

parrothead

To any still interested, the problem seemed to fix itself last night after much agonizing. I tried to sync one last time and this time there was an error. The next sync loaded all the contacts again. Strange stuff.