1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Help: iTunes 7.7 and Touch

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sirus2400, Jul 10, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

So I just downloaded iTunes 7.7 and now when I attach my iPod Touch, all I get is the rainbow wheel. If I power down or disconnect my iPod it stops. I had my iPod plugged in earlier (before the iTunes upgrade) and it worked fine. Any help?

2. macrumors member

Same. I gave it a few minutes, it 'un-crashed' and has been fine since.

3. macrumors regular

Update:
    I reset my iPod and eventually iTunes recognized it, however it takes a couple minutes. Before the 7.7 update it took about 30sec. at the most.

4. macrumors regular

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? Is yours taking a few mins too? (I have a 2 week old MBP so its definitely not that)

5. macrumors member

All is normal a little under 1 minute of plugging it in. If this is a problem for many, Apple will fix it in a matter of days I'm sure.

6. macrumors regular

Just a heads up say I'm experiencing the same behaviour with my 160gb classic and iTunes 7.7. Plugging it in causes iTunes to freeze and beachball for about 3-4 minutes, after which everything's normal. Unfortunately, the same thing happens every time I connect the iPod. All was good before the update to 7.7 - with the iPod connecting properly in about 10-seconds.

7. macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Same for me: It takes about 5 minutes to show up in iTunes.

8. macrumors regular

9. macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

My iPod touch syncs like normal. I haven't noticed any abnormal behavior.

10. Guest

ppc_michael

I too have about a minute delay with the iPod Touch. I can't wait for it to be taken care of.

11. macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I have the same problem on my desktop, but my touch is instantly recognized on my laptop. Both running 7.7.

12. macrumors 604

TheSpaz

It appears to be an issue of how big your Music Library is. This is what I've found.

iTunes Music Library Empty and iPod Library Full: iPod connects instantly.
    iTunes Music Library Full and iPod Library Empty: iPod connects instantly.
    iTunes Music Library Full and iPod Library Full: iPod hangs for several minutes.

My "full" music library is 7,000 songs on my computer and my iPod "full" music library is 3,000 songs.