HELP: iTunes won't delete songs permanently

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krislicoque, Jul 21, 2005.

1. krislicoque macrumors newbie

I've done everything. I just can't get it to work.

I'm using Windows by the way.

I've consolidated the Library, but when I click delete on a song, it only removes it from the list, not permanently.

What did I do wrong?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You can only delete songs permanently from the Library, not playlists, when just pressing delete. If you want to permanently delete a song from another playlist you have to hold the option (aka alt) key (as far as I can remember) down while pressing delete (or backspace). At least that's the way it's done on Macs...

3. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

Click on library, press delete when you have the song highlighted that you want to get rid of and click move to recycle bin, then go into your recycle bin and empty it and the song will be gone.

Dan

4. AmericanIdiot12 macrumors regular

if you dont do what he said...it will be deleted from the itunes library but will remain in thte itunes music folder

5. cuddleface02 macrumors newbie

If your using Windows you actually can delete songs permanently from both the computer and library using this software called iClean Tunes. It gives you the option to do it by pressing Windows Key + Delete. It does other stuff too. goto http://www.icleantunes.com and go to download. in case links arent showing up www (dot) icleantunes (dot) com