Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

interested

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
I'm running xp, and my itunes just does not play. I press play and it doesnt start, elapsed time just stays at zero, but the play button turns to pause like it is playing. I have reinstalled itunes and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help?

PS I did just get a fourth gen 40GB ipod two weeks ago, which is working great and i am very pleased with, would that affect it at all?

oldfart

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2004
Albuquerque
interested said:
I'm running xp, and my itunes just does not play. I press play and it doesnt start, elapsed time just stays at zero, but the play button turns to pause like it is playing. I have reinstalled itunes and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help?

PS I did just get a fourth gen 40GB ipod two weeks ago, which is working great and i am very pleased with, would that affect it at all?

Are you running iTunes version 4.6 :confused:

You have to upgrade (free) in order for your new iPod/iTunes to work :eek: .

........not me....Apple says :D

interested

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
definitely did that.

EDIT: works now, had to reboot several times
thanks for the help!

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
iTunes has done this with my Mac several times. To resolve the problem: Quit iTunes, unplug and then plug back in the audio line that goes from your computer to your audio system, and then restart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.