Help Ive got adware/spyware!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jadam, Dec 12, 2004.

1. jadam macrumors 6502a

Jan 23, 2002
    On my mac! thats right! Im getting so annoyed right now. I just got it today I believe, and the only thing I have downloaded all day is Konfabulator, some widgets for konfabulator, and adium. This adware is annoying as heck, what it does is constantly start up quicktime pointing towards an ad. The ad points me towards.

I also close quicktime, and eventually after a few minutes quicktime starts right back up with that same ad. Its driving me nuts! Ive attached an image of what it looks like. Please help, this is driving me nuts!

Attached Files:

2. jadam thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 23, 2002
    Bah, it just started again and this time its giving me a different link too, It keeps on changing around. Right now im thinking it might actually be my iTunes Companion Widget, Have any of you had any bad experiences with that widget for Konfabulator?

Ohh and since I didnt say it before, my OS is X.3.6. Im going to try software update right now since I dont have the latest 2 security patches.
  3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    That's funny, probably something you have to pay to get rid of if you like the Widget.

Much better that nagware, just sell your ass to a bunch of advertisers. :D
  4. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    I don't think it's spyware. I think it is paid for by Quicktime. I've had it for a while and it also shows up on my PC with Quicktime. Plus if you look at the link under movie info it is hosted on Apple's site under something about the iTMS.