HELP! iweb publish error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by knaveboy, Nov 2, 2006.

1. knaveboy macrumors newbie

my wife and i are living in prague for 3 months. we have kept a blog for the last six weeks using iweb and our .mac account and everything has gone fine. yesterday i did some maintenance on our site, deleting a bunch of old photo pages and adding some new photo pages and blog postings. i am now receiving publishing errors when i try to upload everything. i spent two hours at the apple store in prague yesterday but it didn't help.

when i hit the publish button in iweb, the entire website appears to be uploading. after about five minutes a window pops up saying something to the effect of "your site is almost finished publishing and iweb will now continue to work in the background. you can do other work but you cannot quit the application." so i continue to do other work and inevitably an error message pops up saying there is a problem with my network connection and that publishing has failed.

any idea what the problem might be? the connection is fine (in terms of being functioning and open--it isn't like we're getting logged off or anything) but something definitely isn't right. we have been publishing without any problems up to this point.

any help would be great.

--john

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I had the same problems trying to upload changes to my site yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon. It took me about 8 attempts to succeed!! :eek: . It just kept timing out. My IDISK was also affected. Must have been a problem with .MAC.

Try again today and if you have no luck contact Apple.

3. knaveboy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the tip. that makes sense that something would be wrong with the .mac servers, because one of the many error messages did say something about a problem with the .mac server...

i'll keep trying.

were you uploading photos? if so, how many? i'd say that there were about 150 in my queue.

also i noticed that when i removed photos from the top of blog pages the blog pages posted easier...must be a photo problem on their end, i guess.