Help - journal software for the Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ozone, Jul 2, 2004.

1. ozone macrumors 6502

ozone

Hi... to long time Mac users out there... we've switched to Mac at home and I'm seriously looking to see if I can afford to switch at work. My problem is that I seem to be one of the few that use the Office OutLook Journal feature on the Windows side. I use PocketInformant for my PocketPC and sync my periodic journal entries between my PC and PPC.

I assumed that Entourage for Mac would have a similar journal feature, but this doesn't seem to be the case! And the third party sync programs (MissingSync, PocketMac) don't seem to have the ability to sync a journal type function anyways.

Does anybody know:
    1. If there is a good third party journal or diary feature for the Mac? I know there are a few out there, but the features in the Outlook Journal appealed to me: type of entry (meeting, phone call, etc.); time spent; etc.
    2. Any way to sync whatever journal program is recommended to a PocketPC (... or even a Palm)?

Thanks!

2. sammyjojo macrumors newbie

sammyjojo

I know it's not really what your looking for (I don't think it has sync features), but the best journal program for the mac in my opinion is MacJournal http://homepage.mac.com/dschimpf/. It has export options so maybe it'll export in a format that you can use.