Help keyboard

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by vouder17, Sep 23, 2004.

1. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

my keyoard had beer spilt all over it and now some keys dont work very very very annoying so i have to use alot of copy paste to get cetain letters like a. well anyway i bought some cheap usb keyboard and i tryed connecting it to my mac but it doesn't work... why it is usb so why doesnt it work???? does my mac need a special keyboard???
    well any help is useful...
    thanks

PS: this message took a loooooong time

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Man, that sucks. Not all keyboards are mac compatible. You can definitely get mac compatible keyboards very cheaply, but you need to check first to make sure.

3. vouder17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Thanks for the reply would it be a safe bet to go for a logitech keyboard.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I don't think so. Here's Logitech's keyboard page and some of them don't list Macs as compatible. But if you want logitech you could check here first and then buy wherever.

5. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

I have a Logitech "internet navigator".. cost me $20 online including shipping.

I'm still getting used to all the extra buttons (there're like 30 if you count the alternate F-keys), but it's nice to have a button to open the activity monitor, and another one to go to the instant messenger client.

Also, that scroll wheel on the side is surprisingly helpful, I just wish I could configure it for pageup/down

6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

7. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I was able to rehab my Coke soaked keyboard (with exception of two keys) without taking it apart. Heres what I did.

1. Soaked keyboard in tub for 1 hour. Unplugged of course.
    2. Let completely dry in front of fan for 3 days.

Its worth a try.

Good luck.

8. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Get a Logitech KB, get the cheapest one they offer, 'cause you never know what you'll spill on it next time. Tomato sauce? Peanut butter? KY Jelly?