Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jermyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Greensboro, NC
I am a long time foxpro programer, I would like to do some applications for the iPhone platform, I bought a MacBook Pro with the xLion I downloaded and installed the xCode 4.2 and even bought the iPhone. I really want to start coding but I am having serious difficulty trying to learn the Cocoa framework specially understanding the objective C syntax. is there any acceptable easy way to learn how to create a simple form with some text boxes and bind a database to the textBoxes. that’s all I want to know for now. For some reason all documentation I have found is always jumping into this weird syntax without explaining why it is so nested and complicated. PLEASE POINT ME TO A BOOK OR SOMETHING THAT REALLY HELPS TO BREAK THRU.

Any input is appreciated :)

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I am a long time foxpro programer, I would like to do some applications for the iPhone platform, I bought a MacBook Pro with the xLion I downloaded and installed the xCode 4.2 and even bought the iPhone. I really want to start coding but I am having serious difficulty trying to learn the Cocoa framework specially understanding the objective C syntax. is there any acceptable easy way to learn how to create a simple form with some text boxes and bind a database to the textBoxes. that’s all I want to know for now. For some reason all documentation I have found is always jumping into this weird syntax without explaining why it is so nested and complicated. PLEASE POINT ME TO A BOOK OR SOMETHING THAT REALLY HELPS TO BREAK THRU.

Any input is appreciated :)

If you're only a foxpro programmer, I am afraid your going to be WAY out of your element with objective C.

Get some books and watch the free itunesU stanford course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.